Our 2018 Emerging Director Award winner
The Taranaki Branch is very pleased to announce New Plymouth chartered accountant Joe Hanita as the first ever Institute of Directors Taranaki Branch Emerging Director 2018.
Joe works as general manager, finance and investments, for a Māori land, farming, property, investment and seafood organisation Parininihi ki Waitotara Inc that employs over 45 staff.
He has held formal governance roles since 2004 and is currently a Director of the National Hauora Coalition Limited which provides primary health and social services in Auckland, the Waikato and Whanganui.
About the 2018 Emerging Director Award
- Must be a Member or Associate Member of the Institute of Directors New Zealand
- Must demonstrate governance development commitment (ie undertaken governance training or other development such as mentoring)
- Must have demonstrable leadership experience
- Completion of application form and a written submission, maximum 1,500 words, as to why the applicant should be considered for the Emerging Director Award
- Committee Members and employees of the Institute of Directors and its sponsors are excluded from applying for the award.
Award – total value $2,700
- Complimentary membership with IoD for 12 months
- Complimentary attendance at all branch functions for 12 months
- Mentoring with experienced director for 12 months
- $2,000 towards IoD professional development (must be spent in current year)
- ‘Emerging Director’ position for 12 months with Port Taranaki Limited. The emerging director will have the right to participate in board and audit committee meetings but will not be able to vote on any board resolution. The successful applicant will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the sponsoring board. The position will be unpaid. The emerging director may be excluded from certain meetings at the discretion of the board or audit committee".
- Demonstrates a commitment to and a sound understanding of governance principles
- Demonstrates level of senior management experience with governance exposure
- Demonstrates leadership skills and interpersonal strengths Indicates time management and commitment
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing a career in governance
Award in association with