Membership Programmes Manager
- New role
- Stimulating, rewarding and varied work
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement exposure
The Institute of Directors (IoD) connects, equips and inspires its more than 8,000 members, through thought leadership, its extensive network, professional governance courses, events and resources.
With year on year membership growth, the IoD has established a newly created position to take a lead role in delivering an exciting range of existing membership programmes as well as identify opportunities to provide new programmes that will deliver value in terms of member retention, engagement, satisfaction and growth.
This is an extremely interesting, varied and rewarding role, which is focused on the core of what the IoD stands for – growing membership and equipping people in governance to add value across New Zealand business and society.
Reporting to the Manager Membership, Marketing and Communications, you will be a dynamic go getter, a real ‘people person’ with the ability to nurture and sustain relationships at a number of levels, and someone who enjoys rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- A natural relationship builder who instils confidence at all levels, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to influence and persuade in a consultative manner
- The ability to understand strategic linkages and translate through to operational level plans
- Proactive and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- A lateral thinker with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- A connector and collaborator who enjoys engaging with others
- Commercial nous with the ability to identify opportunities
- Results focused with highly developed negotiation capabilities
- An interest in best practice governance
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Previous experience in a membership organisation or in the development of new services is an advantage, but not essential
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 23 April 2017
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren or Nikki Walshaw at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz or by clicking here
P: 04 499 1069