2016 Bay of Plenty Emerging Director Award
A consultant with extensive experience in the health sector and passion for her new community, is the 2016 Institute of Directors (IoD) Bay of Plenty Branch Emerging Director Award winner.
The Strategic Manager Consultant with PLG Consultancy Services, Anushiya Ponniah was recognised as an emerging talent in governance at an IoD Bay of Plenty Branch function on 27 October.
IoD Bay of Plenty Branch Chair Glenn Snelgrove says the judges were impressed by Ms Ponniah’s commitment to supporting the community, and desire to build her governance skill and knowledge. Read more.
About the Award
- Must be a Member or Associate Member of the Institute of Directors New Zealand
- Must demonstrate governance development commitment (i.e complete Governance Development Programme or other relevant courses)
- Must have governance experience through reporting to a board in a senior management role
- Completion of application form and a written submission, maximum 1,500 words, as to why the applicant should be considered for the Emerging Director Award
Award - total value $3,000
- Complimentary membership with IoD for 12 months
- Complimentary attendance at all branch functions for 12 months
- Mentoring with experienced director for 12 months
- $2,000 towards IoD professional development (must be spent in current year)
- Director Development’* position for 6 -12 months with selected placement board
- Placement on the Institute of Directors - Bay of Plenty Branch Committee for 12 months.
*The emerging director will have the right to participate in board and audit committee meetings but will not be able to vote on any board resolution. The successful applicant will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the sponsoring board. The position will be unpaid.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and a sound understanding of governance principles.
- Demonstrates level of senior management experience with governance exposure.
- Committed to development of the Bay of Plenty business community, including both the commercial and not- for-profit sectors.
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing a career in governance.
Applications have closed
This award is sponsored by
Board placement sponsor