The Future Directors programme matches Future Director applicants to host boards.
Host boards indicate criteria they are seeking in a Future Director candidate. The choice of Future Director applicant is at the sole discretion of the Host Board, not the IoD.
Future Director details are confidential and are only made available to IoD staff, host boards and search agencies acting on behalf of the host boards.
Once a Host Board selects a Future Director, they will provide a letter of appointment which will govern the relationship between the parties. The Future Director relationship will run for a period of between one year and 18 months
By submitting your application to Future Directors you agree to the following:
- the information provided in your application is true and accurate at the time of lodging
- you understand and accept that you may be notified by the IoD or a nominated search agency if one of the Host Boards wishes to consider your suitability for their Future Director position.
- you understand that should you not be considered for any position as it becomes available that no further discussion or review of your application will be entered into
- you provide consent to the IoD or a nominated search agency to contact your nominated referees
- you provide consent to the IoD to publicly disclosing your full name and location if you are selected as a Future Director
- you provide consent to the IoD to allow them to make available your application information and CV to search agencies and host boards
- you consent to the IoD contacting you from time-to-time via email, telephone or mail in relation to the Future Director programme and to provide you Future Director vacancy information
- you consent to the use of application information for marketing and survey purposes. Likewise, any photos taken at any events relating to the Future Directors programme may be used for marketing of the programme and the IoD
- you agree to conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner and refrain from any conduct that may harm the host board, organisation and the Future Directors Programme
- you agree to respect the confidentiality of the Future Directors relationship by not disclosing details of the agreement or the host organisation's identity unless this has been agreed
- you agree to respect the confidentiality of the Future Director's relationship by not disclosing details of the search agency identity unless specifically agreed
- you agree not to seek employment with the host organisation or its subsidiaries for a period of two years from the date of the appointment letter.
- if selected as a Future Director you will sign a letter of appointment with your Host Board. You must satisfy yourself that the terms outlined in this letter of appointment are acceptable to you.
- In addition to your participation in the Future Directors programme, you provide consent to the IoD to pass on your application information and CV to government recruitment services so they may contact you for Crown board appointments.