- You must be a Member or Chartered Member of the Institute of Directors
- You are actively looking for or have a goal to achieve a non-executive director role on a large private company or public sector entity, a NZX listed board, or as a Trustee for a large not-for-profit organisation.
- You are able to fully commit time to:
- meet with your mentor at least bi-monthly
- prepare for mentoring meetings
- undertake necessary work recommended by your mentor.
- You are able to fully commit to a cohort programme of events including travel to Auckland or Wellington up to four times during the course of the programme at your own expense (dates, times and locations to be confirmed):
- mentee Introduction session online – 29 June 2022
- once for the launch session – 26 July 2022
- twice for mentee sharing sessions (October 2022 and March 2023)
- once for the end of programme celebration (late July 2023).
- You have the capacity to take on board positions either over the course of the programme or in the year/s following
- You are a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or have the right to work and/or study for a period of at least five years
- You have not already participated previously in the IoD Mentoring for Diversity programme
- You do not hold a directorship on more than one large company or not-for-profit board
- You are not planning any significant overseas travel (more than two consecutive months) between 1 July 2022 and 20 June 2023
See terms and conditions
Back to Mentoring for Diversity