Host a Future Director on your board. Benefit from the diversity of skills, thought and experience that a Future Director can bring and help to grow the next generation of director talent.
“Companies participating in the Future Directors® programme will gain an advantage from the contribution of new and fresh thinking. Also, there is an indirect but real benefit of assisting the growth of New Zealand’s gene pool of director candidates.”
Becoming a host board
A Future Director can offer your board new and different perspectives and helps bridge the experience gap faced by aspiring directors who are seeking to move into governance roles by providing them with practical and real world experiences.
We have an extensive and diverse talent pool of Future Director candidates and will work with you to identify the best Future Director for your board.
The programme is open to boards that:
- can host a Future Director for 12 or 18 months and assign them a mentor for their term
- meet the criteria for demonstrating best practice governance with:
- separation of management and governance
- the focus of the board being purely governance
- predominantly experienced board members
- the highest standard of ethical behaviour
- at least one CMInstD or CFInstD on the board, and preferably the Chair
- an effective governance culture that supports diversity, open debate, and constructive challenge.
By becoming a Future Director host board, we support you with the promotion and development of your Future Director programme including:
- helping you determine your candidate requirements
- promoting your Future Director role to our diverse talent pool and through our networks
- managing applications on your behalf and communicating with applicants
- a resource pack including a host board guide, interview, reference check and letter of appointment templates, and a legal opinion on the status of your Future Director
- being a sounding board, or providing guidance and advice during the term of the appointment
- a guide for your Future Director so they can get the most out of the programme.
To be considered to be a host board, please read our host board information pack and complete the Future Directors host board agreement form and we will contact you to confirm your requirements.
We can also assist with shortlisting, interviewing and due diligence, or a targeted search through our Board Appointments services if needed.
To find out more, email email@example.com or call Sarah Deans on 04 470 2648.
The D logo mark, the Institute of Directors word and logo marks, IoD and the Future Directors marks are all registered trademarks of Institute of Directors in New Zealand Incorporated.