- Leading from the chair
- Role of the chair
- The chair/CEO relationship
- Building a better board
- Board processes
- Managing the board
- Legal responsibilities for the chair
- Legal structures and legislative changes
- Lessons from recent case law
- Standard of care
- Knowledge of your business
- Governance skills
- Chair/CEO legal relationship
- Health and safety
- Conflicts of interest
- Ethical media - communicating in difficult times
- Working with media and the chair's role
- Media management in times of crisis
Who should attend?
A specialist course for directors with at least five years’ experience, which focuses on those in the chair role or stepping up into the chair role.
Members: $2,195 incl GST
Non-members: $2,725 incl GST
Not a member? Join online now to receive the member rate.
Accommodation is not included in the course fee. Please feel free to contact the Director Development team on 04 499 0076 if you would like to discuss suitable accommodation options.
“The workshop is clearly valuable for anyone leading a board irrespective of the size of the organisation. The lessons learned will, I am sure, make me a better board chair.” – testimonial from a Chairing the Board attendee
Chairing the Board will be presented by three of the facilitators below.