To apply for IoD membership online, you are required to provide the following information. It is recommended you have all these details together before you commence the online application process:
- personal details and contact information (email, address, phone numbers)
- current and previous governance roles – organisation name and start date
- current and previous management roles – organisation name and start date
- credit card details for payment of the annual subscription and joining fee ($635 incl GST for standard or $355 incl GST for applicants under 40 years of age)
Application, Confirmation and Privacy Agreement
Please read the Application, Confirmation and Privacy Agreement below. To confirm your acceptance select I Agree at the bottom of the page.
I hereby apply to be a member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand (Inc) (IoD), and agree to be bound by the rules contained in the Constitution and the Code of Practice for Directors* as amended from time to time. I acknowledge that this application does not constitute membership of the IoD, such membership only being confirmed upon acceptance of this application by the IoD and receipt for good value by the IoD of the subscription and joining fee. Any monies held by the IoD pending acceptance of this application will be refunded in full if the application is unsuccessful.
I confirm that I:
- have not been convicted of an offence committed in, and as part of, the role of a manager or director which carries with it a possible sentence of imprisonment;
- am not an undischarged bankrupt;
- have not been prohibited from being a director by reason of any order made under Section 383 of the Companies Act 1993 or any Acts passed in substitution or any corresponding provision passed in substitution thereof; and
- have not withheld any information which might otherwise disqualify me from membership under the IoD's rules. If I fail to provide any information requested in this application the IoD may decline my application.
I acknowledge that:
||Any personal information provided to the IoD, whether contained in this application or otherwise lawfully obtained, may be held, used and disclosed by the IoD:
||to enable the IoD to administer and maintain my membership and to enable the IoD to provide me with all of its membership services
||to enable the IoD to provide me with advice and information concerning products and services that the IoD believes may be of interest
||to enable the IoD to communicate with me for any purpose.
||The personal information provided in this application is collected by and held by the IoD whose registered office is Mezzanine Floor, 50 Customhouse Quay, Wellington.
||I give the IoD permission to verify any qualifications and/or details of directorships I have supplied.
||I have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to obtain access to and request correction of any personal information held by the IoD.
I have read and agree with the privacy and disclosure statement as detailed above and hereby apply for membership.
*The Constitution and Code of Practice for Directors is available in the About us section of the website under Founding Documents.