To be considered for this Award you will
- Be a Member of the Wellington Branch
- Demonstrate a desire to follow a directorship path and to advance further in corporate governance
- As a minimum, have governance experience i.e. reporting to a board in a senior management capacity, or hold a director role
- Have already taken personal and material steps to advance a governance pathway.
To be the successful recipient, applicants must not be a current mentee participating in IoD’s Mentoring for Diversity programme, and/or an appointed Future Director currently observing on a Host Board. This does not restrict applicants from applying for programmes concurrently but only one opportunity can be awarded.
- $2,000 (GST exclusive) towards IoD governance development, (must be spent in the following 12 months
- Complimentary membership with IoD for 12 months
- Six complimentary attendances for Wellington Branch breakfast, lunch or After 5 functions
- Opportunity for one on one interviews with experienced senior directors
- ‘Emerging Director’ position for 6 - 12 months with selected placement board. The emerging director will have the right to participate in board meetings but will not be able to vote on any board resolution. The successful application will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the sponsoring board. The position will be unpaid
- An invitation to speak at the following year’s Emerging Director Award presentation.