2020 applications are now open.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 20 July 2020.
- Must be a Member or Associate Member of the Institute of Directors New Zealand
- Must demonstrate governance development commitment (ie complete Governance Development Programme or other relevant courses)
- Must have governance experience through reporting to a board in a senior management role
- Must not be a current mentee participating in IoD’s Mentoring for Diversity programme, and/or an appointed Future Director currently observing on a Host Board. This does not restrict applicants from applying for programmes concurrently but only one opportunity can be awarded.
- Completion of application form and a written submission, maximum 1,500 words, as to why the applicant should be considered for the Emerging Director Award
Award - total value $5,000
- Complimentary membership with IoD for 12 months
- Complimentary attendance at all branch functions for 12 months
- Mentoring with experienced director for 12 months
- $4,000 towards IoD professional development (must be spent in current year)
- ‘Emerging Director’ position for 12 months with Hospice Waikato board. The emerging director will have the right to participate in board and audit committee meetings but will not be able to vote on any board resolution. The successful applicant will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the sponsoring board. The position will be unpaid.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and a sound understanding of governance principles
- Demonstrates level of senior management experience with governance exposure
- Demonstrates leadership skills and interpersonal strengths Indicates time management and commitment
- Committed to development of the Waikato business community, including both the commercial and not- for-profit sectors
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing a career in governance