2020 applications are now open.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 20 July 2020.
- Be a member or intend to become a member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- Have the right to live and work in New Zealand
- Have never been disqualified as a company director
- Be currently seeking board appointments (ie it is not something that you are looking to do in the future)
- Have at least three years’ experience in a senior management role in either the commercial sector, public sector, as a professional business advisor or from growing your own business
- Have at least 12 months experience of boardroom practice as either a director/trustee or working closely with or reporting to a board
- Must not be a current mentee participating in IoD’s Mentoring for Diversity programme, and/or an appointed Future Director currently observing on a Host Board. This does not restrict applicants from applying for programmes concurrently but only one opportunity can be awarded.
The award will be granted to the applicant who most clearly demonstrates to the judging panel their potential to develop as a director and shows they have:
- A good understanding of and commitment to the principles of good governance
- Professional experience and abilities that would be useful to a board
- Taken steps to advance a directorship career
- They will not yet be widely recognised as a director.
The winner recieves
- $1000 towards an IoD Governance Development course of your choice to be taken within 12 months of receiving the Award
- One year’s complimentary IoD membership
- A director internship with a local board for 6-12 months
- Two-six mentoring sessions with an experienced director
- Four complimentary attendance vouchers to Nelson Marlborough branch functions (including the Annual Christmas Dinner) for the 12 months following the Award
- Invitation to speak at the award presentation
All shortlisted applicants will receive judging feedback.
Award sponsored by