This award provides opportunities for young professionals to gain governance experience in the not-for-profit sector.
Applications are sought from individuals who:
- Are motivated to further their business experience, gain an insight into good governance practice and learn about the dynamics of sitting on a board or trust
- Are able to demonstrate leadership, integrity and enterprise in their careers
- Have a range of experience and skills (commercial, community, public service)
- Able to commit the time to prepare for and attend meetings and associated events
- Have not held a significant governance role to date (this does not include a role in a local sports, school or community organisation or club)
- A governance Internship with Ronald McDonald House South Island
- One year’s complimentary membership of the Institute of Directors
- One year’s complimentary attendance at all Canterbury branch members’ events where members can learn and share their experiences
- $850 towards an IoD governance development course of your choice to be taken in the 12 month period following the Award
- Mentoring from an experienced director.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 7 June 2021
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com
Download the application form as either a PDF or Word document.