A Chartered Fellow of the IoD, Ian brings strong governance, business and digital transformation experience in large organisations. A well respected board member and chair, Ian has a sound understanding of the IoD and branch network, a high level of curiosity and a strong focus on building capability within an organisation.
He has experience introducing similar new governance arrangements in other organisations and been involved in a number of sectors including membership, not for profit, commercial, local and central government, iwi and Pasifika-based organisations.
Ian resides in Blenheim, providing a regional perspective, while maintaining his strong relationships in Wellington and nationally. Ian has a long history with the IoD, joining in 2003 and was a Mentoring for Diversity mentor over a three year period.
Ian’s current governance roles are:
- Public Trust, Chair
- Niue-based directorships - Chair Matavai Niue Ltd; Chair Niue Development Bank; Director, Telecom Niue
- World of Wearable Arts (WOW), Director
- Ngati Apa ki te Ra To Investment Committee, Member
- Marlborough Hospice Trust, Trustee
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Audit and Risk Committee, Member.