We're a small organisation, but we make a big impact
We believe good governance has the power to transform New Zealand business, society and communities. We take this responsibility seriously.
We are a purpose led organisation full of people that are passionate about governance and making New Zealand a better place to live and do business.
For a list of all our current vacancies see our job board on Qjumpers.
Please apply for current vacancies via the link above. If there are no vacancies, email me with an introduction and your CV and I'll register your interest in working with us
If you apply for a position, we will let you know whether you have been selected for an interview within one week after the closing date.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will meet with you future manager. They will want to learn more about you, including your experiences, skills and career aspirations.
- We will talk you through the role in detail, what we want you to achieve, and what it’s like working for the IoD.
- After the interview, we may set up an informal meeting with the team you will be working with.
- We will then make contact with your referees and discuss the specifics of the role with you and make an offer.
- From here, we look forward to welcoming you on board.
Working with us
The IoD is a not-for-profit organisation. Our people deliver great work in our governance and mentoring programmes and services, member events and networking, course design and delivery, thought leadership and advocacy, and communications and marketing.
It's important that our people share our values and are committed to delivering value to our members, customers, and the governance community. We expect our managers to be open, honest, brave, encouraging and inspiring.
We take a strengths-based approach to work. This means we help you to do work which emphasises your strengths and talents and leads to success in your role.
Our culture is based around our values of courage, manaakitanga, respect for each other, kaitiakitanga and stewardship. We are learners for life.
We value diversity, integrity, honesty, professionalism, quality, and team work.
What we offer
We offer great benefits, including:
- Flexible work days. We can also set you up to work remotely when needed.
- Dress for your day. At the IoD, you get to be you.
- Career and development opportunities. We have a development budget for every employee. We provide study assistance where it's connected to your role. We use secondments or project participation as ways for employees to learn and develop. You can also attend our courses and events as part of your onboarding or development plan.
- Imagine Our Difference – our employee volunteer programme. We support you to volunteer for a day a year to do great work in your community
- An employee assistance programme for you or your partner/spouse. No questions asked
- Ten sick days leave per year. No six-month stand-down.
- A safety and wellness programme that focuses on creating a healthy, strong, resilient, connected and positive workforce.
- Health and well-being initiatives including flu injections, subsidised health insurance, a well-stocked fruit bowl and fresh brewed coffee. We have regular social activities, book clubs or sport challenges to build connection and have fun.